They tell me people who stay in extended stay hotels only need a place for less than 7 days and people who stay in Corporate Housing need a place for a month or more. On a recent trip to Dallas I made my business associate join me in a high-end, brand name, extended stay for one night. Wow, we were glad it was only one night. First of all it was $199 a night (most Corporate Housing is less than $100 a night ). Second, we wouldn’t even take off our socks because the carpet was so dirty. Third, the safety lock on the door looked liked it had been kicked in. I would not have felt comfortable staying here by myself. The free breakfast was not worth it.
Please do the Corporate Housing vs Extended Stay test – my experience says you will choose the Corporate Housing option.
If you are looking for a fully furnished corporate rental in the Dallas area, then check out these currently available properties:
This home has just been remodeled and updated. All new kitchen with new appliances and granite counter tops. French doors lead to a serene patio to enjoy reading, eating and relaxing. The brick floors on the first level add a warm feeling to enjoy the 42″ HDTV flat screen TV and all new furnishings in the living room. A full eat in dining room looks out through the french doors onto the patio. Two newly furnished bedrooms upstairs are done nicely and comfortably. The condo is nearby Downtown, The Hospital Complexes, Uptown, SMU, shopping, Arts District and great entertainment and restaurants. This one is sure to please.
Click on the link above to get more information about the property, photos, maps, and contact information to reserve this beautiful unit.
Floor-to-ceiling windows with remote control, track lighting, beautiful hardwoods, 11′ ceilings, and lots of closet space. Kitchen complete with 60″ upper cabinets, 5X8 ft island with granite
and built in wine cooler. Baths feature white marble floors and counter-tops, walk in shower, and 6′ tub. Full length 10′ balcony with glass block privacy and outdoor fireplace. Includes all utilities with HD expanded cable, high speed wireless internet and local and domestic long distance phone. Fully and finely furnished including new pillows for every tenant. Building includes community green space, secure building and grounds with key fob access. 55′ lap pool and covered cabana. Amazing views of Downtown Dallas from the 2200 sq foot roof top deck with wet bar, grill and patio furniture.
Located just north of the city center and close to all hospital complexes, great shopping, dining and nightlife. Located in the Dallas Independent School District.
Click on the link above to get more information about the property, photos, maps, and contact information to reserve this amazing property!
Weather related disasters can strike at any time, causing window damage, flooding, or even torn siding. In order to ensure a prompt and efficient insurance claim process, you need to be prepared.
We’d like to share with you some tips we found in a recent USA Weekend article about insurance claims. The article’s author, Jeff Wuorio, recommends the following tips for the fastest response and repair time for any weather related damages that may happen to your home:
- Inventory Your Home.Keep a specific inventory of all items in your home BEFORE any damages occur – this will greatly expedite the walk through with your insurance provider. You may want to take pictures and make a list – and store that list in a safe place outside of your home.
- Be Prompt. Whenever any damages occur to your property, be sure to call your insurance adjuster right away.
- Prevent Future Damage. It’s important to cover up any exposed or broken windows or doorways that could potentially be damaged more or cause additional damage to your home without protection. For example, a broken window should be covered with plastic as to prevent potential water damage to your hardwood floors or carpet.
Overall, it’s important that you take immediate actions whenever there are any insurance related issues in your home.
Additionally, when making your insurance claim, don’t forget to consider lodging fees you might experience if the damage to your home is too great for you to live in until it is repaired. Most insurance plans require the insurance provider to pay for your stay and incidentals , such as eating out and transportation, while they are working on repairing your property. Instead of staying in a hotel, which can get old really quick, tell your insurance provider you want to stay in a corporate rental. Corporate housing can be a life-saving lodging alternative, especially for longer stays (one month or more) and for families with children and/or pets. Staying in a corporate rental property will make the time spent waiting to move back into your home a more pleasant experience overall.
In fact, corporate housing can be your “Home Away From Home” while your home is being repaired. Corporate housing rentals are available in cities such as Denver, Colorado Springs, Dallas, San Francisco and much more!
If you are looking for a fully furnished corporate rental in the Colorado Springs or Denver areas, then check out these currently available properties:
Colorado Springs, CO
Lovely 2 bedroom 2 bath ranch style home on a flowering corner lot. Home has an open floor plan with hardwood floors, fireplace, eat in kitchen as well as a formal dinning room. Enjoy the large covered patio and flowering yard with mountain views.
Click the link to view more property details, maps, photos, and contact information to reserve this corporate rental.
2 Bedroom/2 Bath Penthouse with breathtaking majestic views of Downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains. This former model home features 1123 sq ft and has been completely upgraded with:
- Granite Counter tops;
- Intricate Tile Detail;
- Hardwood Floors;
- Stainless Steel Appliances;
- High Ceilings with Exposed Duct Work;
- Automatic blinds and drapes on each window;
- Flat screen TV in Living room and Master Bedroom;
- Washer / Dryer in Unit;
- Secure Building and secured penthouse floor access;
- 2 Car Tandem Parking Space in Attached Garage;
- Building includes: Swimming Pool, Workout Facility, Business Center, Dry Cleaner Pick-Up, and it is Within walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, grocery store and retail areas.
Click the link above to view more property details, maps, photos, and contact information to reserve this corporate rental.
You may also visit our website to view all of our beautiful, unique fully furnished corporate rentals.
Who Uses Corporate Housing? In simplistic terms, corporate housing provides short-term furnished housing, offering dozens of reasons everyday people need and use it. In fact, corporate housing is not just about traveling business executives and relocated professionals, but also about the:
- 200,000 annual traveling nurses;
- 600,000 annual military personnel and their dependents;
- displaced homeowners because of insurance issues or divorce;
- professional athletes who get traded from city to city;
- theater professionals filming a movie or traveling with a show;
- consultants on a project;
- employees at training programs;
- individuals on extended vacations or extended family visits;
- individuals having out-of-state medical procedures;
- elected government officials serving outside of their district;
- celebrities desiring privacy during extended stays;
- personnel involved in special events and large sporting events;
- traveling professors or graduate students;
- and many others.
In other words, corporate housing is not just for relocated or traveling business people, but for anyone who wants the space, convenience, and comforts that a home away from home can offer.
Make Finding the Right Rental Quick and Easy by Learning the Differences Between Signature, Custom and Basic Furnished Rentals
There are a plethora of Corporate Housing companies in the United States to choose from, but knowing what to expect with the different types of levels of corporate rentals will make your decision-making that much easier. Here’s a run-down of the differences between Signature, Custom and Basic furnished rentals:
- Signature Properties: A Signature Property is a fully furnished corporate housing rental generally offered by qualified Property Management companies. These properties typically will include absolutely everything needed to provide you, the guest, with the best and most convenient stay possible. All you will need is your suitcase and/or personal belongings and voila! you are all set to move in. Included in these units are: all housewares, all linens and towels, all furniture, all appliances, electronics (TVs, DVD players, stereo, alarm clock, etc. – computers are typically NOT included, so guests will need to bring their own; however, wireless high-speed internet, expanded basic cable, and unlimited domestic long distance are included in this all-inclusive corporate housing rental property. Remember, these units tend to be higher in price because the price encompasses everything – therefore they are reserved for business travelers requiring a higher end traveling experience.
- Custom Properties: These properties are “custom-built” to what the guest requires. Some corporate clients will not want a land line in the unit because they will have their cell phones in hand. Others will not need housewares but will want the unit to have all the furniture, electronics, linens, and towels. Some may want just the furniture. Letting the corporate housing company know of your individualized needs will allow them to customize your unit and price tag accordingly.
- Basic Properties: Basic units are offered for bootstrapping business travelers on a budget. These units generally do not provide all of the amenities as a Signature or Custom property and often don’t even have Internet, cable, or phone service. These units can still be furnished and sometimes still include housewares, linens, and towels, though the quality of the furnishings and the units will not be as nice as Signature properties.
Prices will vary depending on the type, size and location of the furnished rental and individual requests. A Basic property price ranges from $1100-$1400; Custom rentals vary depending on what the individual wishes to have in his/her rental unit; and Signature units typically average between $1600-$5500 per month. Most companies do not list their pricing online, so follow-up with a company’s leasing agents to determine specific pricing and availability.
Corporate Housing Can Alleviate Stress During Holiday Travel, But Are You Prepared to Celebrate the Holidays in a Home Away From Home?
Traveling over the holidays can be a complete nightmare with the weather being unpredictable, the airports and roads being jam packed with people and cars, and lodging solutions totally booked. The good news is that individuals and families can avoid the lodging crunch by utilizing corporate housing.
In fact, utilizing a corporate housing company to help you find a corporate rental:
- May help alleviate some of the stressful perils holiday travel brings. For example, because many business travelers don’t travel during the holidays, there is often a large supply of available corporate rentals to choose from whereas hotels may be completely booked up.
- May help you enjoy the holidays more. During the holidays, staying in a hotel can be a festive-kill; after all, a stark hotel room is not where you want to be sipping eggnog while caroling around the furnace, only to be interrupted by a constantly dinging elevator located just outside your door. Rather, corporate rentals will provide you with a home away from home and will be much more comfortable for your family to spread out and enjoy some holiday cheer.
When looking for a holiday-friendly corporate rental, talk to your leasing agent about these things:
- Will the property have space for a Christmas tree and what is their policy (if any) for decorating the outside of the property? Just because you are away from home doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the holidays in style. If you are renting in an area where you can chop your own tree and wish to partake in this activity, find out if you can borrow an axe to use so you won’t have to buy one there.
- Will the property allow or have holiday decorations? Some rentals are fully decorated during the holiday or upon the request of a renter. Make sure you discuss any holiday decor issues you may have or require with your leasing agent.
- Does the neighborhood or city have any local holiday traditions and when will they be? Your corporate housing providers know the area well and can recommend fun things to do like outdoor ice skating rinks or holiday parties.
Think about the last time you stayed in a hotel. How many “excess” hidden fees did you experience during your stay? Maybe you paid $25 for parking or $13 per day for Internet access. Or maybe you tipped the bellboy $5 for carrying your bags or an extra 20% for room-service?
What you most likely have experienced is what business travelers have know for a long time – the lodging fee is not the only fee the hotel is going to charge you!
Remember, when booking a hotel room for your next trip, hidden fees do matter! Hotels add on Lodging taxes, room service charges, taxes, daily Internet usage fees, and more! What happens is at the end of your stay, the original rate you thought you (or your company) would be paying has increased significantly. Not to mention all the excess money you spent eating out or ordering in room service every night.
Business travelers can ditch the hidden fees for good by staying in a corporate rental.
Yes, corporate housing provides all inclusive rental properties without the hidden fees. In fact, when leasing a corporate rental, ask you leasing agent to provide a list of included items and, most importantly, any additional fees (mostly likely you won’t see any)!
For the most part, Internet, cable, phone service, utilities, parking, etc. are all included in the monthly rental rate. Electricity and gas usage is usually capped depending on the amount of bedrooms.
Lodging taxes are only applicable to corporate housing stays under 30 days and some companies may not be set up with the local or state authorities to allow for shorter stays.
Further, because corporate rentals provide a full-sized kitchen, travelers can store and make their own healthy food in their own kitchen without worry of eating out – and eating into your wallet – every night.