Checklist: Top Ten Items to Bring With You When Staying in Corporate Housing
Fully furnished rentals come with almost everything you could possibly need, but there are some items that most corporate housing companies DO NOT include in their units and you should bring along with you if you need them:
- Computers are generally not included in your corporate rental so be sure to bring laptops, iPads, tablets, etc. That said, most properties will have wireless Internet ready for you to simply plug into.
- Most fully furnished rentals will provide you with a DVD player, CD player/iPod and stereo, but there are no DVDs, CDs, or iPods in the unit so be sure to bring these items along with you.
- Personal hygiene items are not included in the unit (unless you plan on using the tiny bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and bar of soap for your entire stay), we recommend you bring these along or buy them at the nearest store.
- Hair straighteners, blow dryers, and curling irons are not typical corporate housing rental inventory.
- If you like playing video games and can’t live without your gaming system unfortunately this is not an item corporate housing provides and you’ll need to bring your own.
- Cards, books, board games, and toys for the kiddos are not available in a corporate rental. If you’re traveling with kids, consider bringing along these items.
- Food/drinks (except for some snacks) do not come stocked within the property, so be prepared to go grocery shopping upon arrival.
- If you are an absolute culinary genius, you may want to consider bringing your own kitchen tools. While fully furnished units are fully equipped to service the average business traveler, there are some kitchen items that are not required (garlic press for example) and the required unit items are typically not top-of-the-line quality.
- Traveling with baby? Items such as high chairs or cribs are not typical in corporate housing units. These can be rented for an additional monthly fee. Also, think about bringing your baby proofing items (such as socket covers, stair gates, etc.).
- Be sure to bring with you any and all medication, baby food/formula, clothes, shoes, and personal items. Decor items like candles are generally not included in the units either.
Corporate housing was designed to make business traveling a breeze but be sure to personalize the unit to make your stay as much like home as possible.