Save Money and Avoid Confusion When Your Business Travels Lead You to Costly Cities
Our saga continues with our 10 best travel tips and 10 new smartphone/tablet apps of 2012 – all tailor made for the busy traveling professional.
Travel Tip of the Week – #4
Try to Avoid Costly Cities. Obviously your business travels will most likely take you to some pretty expensive destinations, but if you know that you will need to travel there often, there are some tips to follow:
- Set up an office at your frequent business destination.
- Get memberships to airlines and hotels so you will receive discounts during your frequent stays.
- Use sites such as www.groupon.com or www.livingsocial.com to get discounts on restaurants and activities in the city you are traveling to.
- Stay in fully furnished corporate housing units with full-sized kitchens so you can make your meals at home, eat healthy, and save money by eating in
- Research rates and book accommodations prior to traveling so that you will find the best accommodation rates possible.
Smartphone App of the Week
This week’s app for smartphones/tablets is called, Howcast. This app features video tutorials for anything and everything travel. You want to learn how to hail a cab in NYC? No problem, there is a how-to video for that. You want to find out about customs or etiquette in other cultures? There’s a video for that.
You can search for videos or you can watch the most recently uploaded how-to videos. You will be able to view these videos at your own learning pace and you can also save your favorite videos or share them with your friends. Each video also comes with a text guide. If you shake your smartphone, a random video will pop up so you can start the learning process.
To find out more about this educational app or to download it to your smartphone/tablet, visit http://www.info.howcast.com.