Trouble Waking Up While Traveling for Business – 5 Tips to Help You Wake Up on Time
It’s easy to let anxiety set in while you are traveling for business, staying in a strange place, and worried that you are not going to wake up on time for your early morning meeting. Take the following advice compiled by Dave Johnson in a recent CBS Money Watch article:
- Wake-up call Smake-up call. There are many factors why a wake-up call might not take place as scheduled. An example being the phone was left off the hook so the phone did not ring in the morning when it was supposed to.
- Alarm Apps. Scheduling a wake-up is fine but also setting an alarm on your phone is also a good idea. There are some cool apps out there for all the iPad and iPod users out there where you can customize the alarm you want including different alarms for different days. One on the market currently is called Nightstand Central and it is exclusively for the iPad. This app can also lull you off to sleep with music and then wake you up with a random song from your itunes. Very cool!
- Move the Clock. A surprising number of people will continually press the snooze button if the alarm clock is right next to their heads, and sometimes, they don’t even realize they have done so. If you move the clock to the other side of the room so that you will have to get up to turn it off, you will be much more likely to stay up.
- Is your phone too quiet? Put your phone into a drinking glass which will amplify the sound.
- Refresh with a Mint. Popping a mint into your mouth after first waking up has been found to increase alertness and will help energize you so you will get up instead of going back to sleep for a few more rest-less minutes.
Hopefully the next time you need to wake up bright and early for a business meeting while traveling abroad these tips will come in handy.