Five Simple Travel Tips to Maximize Your Time
These days it is so easy to get caught up in the day to day causing us to over complicate things. Here are 5 simple tips to make your life that much easier whilst traveling:
1) Pre-Enter All Addresses into your GPS or smart phone ahead of time. Enter in the address of the airport, hotel, meeting places, etc. and pre-plan your route(s) before even getting to your destination city saving you time and keeping you on track.
2) Electronically Store All Important Documentation on your mobile device. Things such as passports, driver’s licenses, tickets, and reservations should be kept here also for easy accessibility.
3) Keep a Trip Itinerary and Meeting Agendas handy to get the most out of your time. The TripIt app (for iPads, iPhones, Android, and Blackberry) can be used to store all of your trip’s itinerary information including flight reservations, hotel reservations, and car rental reservations. There are a ton of different meeting apps as well for all different types of meetings and needs.
4) Send large items ahead of you to your hotel or corporate rental before your flight so you won’t have to worry about checking in these items or transporting them to and from the airport.
5) Become a member of frequently used travel companies. If you consistently use the same airlines, rental car companies, hotels, etc. for all of your travel needs, becoming a member of their rewards programs will pay off in the end. They tend to offer discounts on pricing and some of them even allow you to skip the lines keeping you on track and ahead of schedule.
Planning ahead before any business or leisure trip is always a great idea. Hopefully these tips will ultimately maximize your time much more quickly and efficiently so you can get where you are going that much faster.