Fort Collins/Loveland, CO Ranked 5th on the New Gallup-Healthways Index of Happiest and Healthiest
According to a new Gallup Poll, Fort Collins/Loveland, CO ranked 5th in the top ten most healthiest and happiest areas in the United States with a score of 71.6 on the Well-Being index!
The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index score factors in six different categories: life evaluation, emotional health, work environment, physical health, healthy behaviors, and access to basic necessities. The scores are based off of a total of 100. The number 1 ranked city in America for 2013 is Lincoln, NE with an overall score of 72.8.
According to a recent article on Coloradoan.com, Gallup-Healthways had this to say about the recent top 5 winners: “High well-being cities such as Lincoln, Boulder, Burlington-South Burlington, Provo-Orem, and Fort Collins-Loveland provide models to emulate and goals for others to aspire to, including the many U.S. metro areas that lag far behind in health and well-being.”
This is not the only recognition that Fort Collins has received:
- Ranked 7th from Forbes Magazine as one of the “Best Places for Business and Careers” in August;
- In August, the Kaufman Foundation ranked Fort Collins 2nd as one of the “Top 10 Metro Areas for High-Tech Start-up Density;”
- Fort Collins has received the Platinum award from Bicycle Friendly America;
- Awarded the 2013 J. Robert Havlick and Thomas H. Muehlenbeck Award for Innovation in Local Government;
- In 2012, Livability.com ranked Fort Collins number 1 for “Top 10 Downtowns;”
- And so many more!
If you are planning on relocating to one of America’s healthiest and happiest cities, AvenueWest Northern Colorado would be happy to find you the perfect fully furnished rental and can even help you find a more permanent residence in the area as well. 🙂