There are so many magical holiday events around the Denver metro area perfect to celebrate the season and even bring in the new year! Here are a few fun events filled with holiday cheer to partake in this year:
Take the kiddos over to the Colorado Railroad Museum downtown this Saturday, December 21st for a train ride with Santa free with the price of admission. They will also be able to tell Santa what they want for Christmas this year.
The Denver Botanical Gardens in both locations (York Street and Chatfield) are abloom with bright lights to walk underneath and around. Warm beverages are available to make the chilly nights more bearable while looking at the beautiful lights. The Denver Zoo is also a great spot to walk around and look at thousands of lights. They also have warm beverages for purchase. The Butterfly Pavilion has their annual Living Lights celebration going on this upcoming weekend, December 20-22, December 27-29, and January 3-5 where you can experience the wonders of the butterflys and other insects while wandering beneath holiday lights both inside and outside.
This Saturday is also the last day to enjoy the Denver Christkindl Market located in downtown Denver along the 16th street mall and Skyline park. Experience the holidays with a German flair and find your loved ones unique, hand-crafted gifts.
There are so many free and inexpensive things to do around the Denver metro area this Holiday season for everyone! We hope that your Holidays are bright and filled with joy! 🙂
Denver offers an array of fun-filled activities for all ages, interests and price ranges and this weekend is no exception! Check out some of the free or inexpensive things going on this weekend, October 4th-6th:
Comedy at The Voodoo Comedy Playhouse in LODO (Downtown Denver). Come enjoy an evening of varied improv comedy. Purchasing one ticket gets you in for the whole night ($5-$10)! This Friday’s line up includes: 7pm-8pm The YES! Lab – a showcase for the current performers and students to practice what they have learned. A fun-filled experience for both the audience and the performers. 8pm-9pm Makeshift Shakespeare – improv styles inspired by the Bard himself! 9pm-10pm Hit and Run: Musical Improv – if you enjoy musicals then you will love a completely improvised musical based off of suggestions from you! 10pm-11pm Authors – enjoy three 15 minute plays completely made up on the spot based off of an author of the audience’s choosing. 11pm-12pm Karaoke Friday – the name says it all.
- FREE First Friday Art Walks. Enjoy strolling through various art galleries in several of Denver’s art districts. Some even have live music, food trucks, and drinks available as well: Sante Fe Art District 5:30pm-9:30pm, Tennyson Street Arts District 6:00pm-10:00pm, and the RiNo Art District 6:00pm-9:00pm.
- FREE admission on Friday, October 4th, 2013 between 12pm-4pm at the Four Mile Historic Park where you can see Denver’s oldest building (tour times are 12:30, 1:30, and 2:30 to see the inside); pan for gold, and see the many farm animals. On Saturday, October 5th from 10:00am-4:00pm, join them for the Pumpkin Harvest Festival where you can enter a pie eating contest; wear old costumes and pose for a photo in front of the Four Mile House; find the perfect pumpkin; win a prize in an old fashioned cake walk, and so much more! Admission is FREE but the pumpkins and some activities are not.
This weekend you can head over to Oktoberfest going on Friday, October 4th from 5:00pm-2:00am, Saturday, October 5th from 11:00am-2:00am, and Sunday, October 6th from 12:00pm-6:00pm in the Ballpark Neighborhood (between 20th and 22nd Streets on Larimer Street). Admission is FREE and there are food and drinks available for purchase along with a variety of fun-filled activities for all ages.
- Head on over to the Western Slope and enjoy Golden’s FREE First Friday Street Fair filled with music, entertainment, and food provided by the local restaurants. They also have FREE carriage rides. This Friday, October 4th from 5:00pm-8:00pm. On Saturday, come back to Golden for the Farmer’s Market from 8:00am-1:00pm where there will be more entertainment, FREE carriage rides, puppet show, master garden presentations, and so much more!
- Saturday, October 5th, enjoy FREE admission to the Denver Art Museum from 10:00am-5:00pm! Then, if you want to view even more artwork for next to nothing, the Museum of Contemporary Art of Denver has admission for only one penny from 10:00am-5:00pm!
It’s time for Lakewood’s 38th Annual Cider Days this Saturday and Sunday (10/05-10/06) from 10:00am-5:00pm! Tickets are $7 for adults and $4 for kids between the ages of 3 and 12 and the cost of admission covers all entertainment and activities inside.
- Enjoy dancing? Learn how to swing for only $10 at the Mercury Cafe this Sunday, October 6th from 5:30-10:30. The cost includes all lessons and dance.
- This Sunday, October 6th, admission to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is FREE from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Enjoy classic films followed by discussion? Then you do not want to miss the FREE screening this Sunday, October 6th at 2:00pm for the movie La Ronde at the SIE Film Center 2510 East Colfax, Denver, CO 80206. This event is presented by the Tattered Cover Bookstore and Colorado Public Radio, hosted by Howie Movshovitz. The FREE tickets are available 1 hour before the screening.
There are tons of great events going on in Denver this weekend for all ages and interests so hopefully you can find the perfect one(s) to pass the time. 🙂
Denver, CO is home to the majestic Rocky Mountains and an urban metropolis that has tons of fun, social, and inexpensive activities to do all year long but the summertime events can’t be beat! Here is a list of more fun-filled, FREE events you can be a part of this month:
- Festival For Water: this FREE festival features live music, food trucks, and beverages in Civic Park on June 9th. The event is to spread awareness of the importance of water in the US and around the world.
- Denver Pridefest: come celebrate the local gay and lesbian community of Denver with this FREE weekend long event featuring a parade, food, live music, and dance at Civic Center Park June 15-17.
Cherry Blossom Festival: a celebration of Japanese-American culture, food, music and dance June 22-23 – FREE admission.
Littleton Historical Museum – see how the pioneers lived at this FREE, interactive museum in the heart of Littleton. There is an indoor museum as well as two different period homes; farms, a schoolhouse, animals and more! This is the perfect place to bring the whole family.
That wraps up the FREE events in June and other events that are FREE and available all summer long! Stay tuned next month for more FREE fun-filled events to do in the Denver Metro area. 🙂
As you are aware, Easter is this Sunday. In lieu of this festive celebration, there are some events and brunches especially for kids and their parents.
Easter Bunny Candy Hunt: This Saturday, March 30th from 9am-12pm at the Mile High Flee Market. Children 12 and under are free.
Breakfast and Brunch with the Easter Bunny: This Saturday, March 30th from enjoy breakfast with the Easter Bunny beginning at 8:30am at the Denver Aquarium. On Easter Sunday, March 31st, come back to the Aquarium for a gourmet Easter Brunch. Ticket prices range from $11-$35. Please call to RSVP for both events at 303-561-4450.
Easter Brunch at St. Julien: On Easter Sunday, come to Boulder for a memorable Easter Brunch at St. Julien Hotel and Spa. The Easter Bunny will be there for an egg hunt at 11:30am and again at 1:00pm. Tickets range between $19.95-$49.95. Please call 720-406-9696 to reserve your tickets.
Experience the Victory of Easter: On Easter Sunday, Calvary Ap0stolic Church will be sharing the story of Easter with a youth drama, children’s choir, praise and worship, orchestra, and sanctuary choir from 10:00am-12:00pm and is free for all.
We wish everyone a wonderful Easter weekend! Enjoy 🙂
If you are going to be traveling to Denver, CO in the near future, try staying in a fully furnished corporate rental. All properties listed below include all furnishings, linens, towels, bedding, housewares, parking, capped utilities, expanded basic cable, wireless high speed internet, and domestic long distance all for one great price.
Stay in a home away from home while traveling for business or leisure, relocating, insurance claims, etc. The possibilities are endless for fully furnished rentals and much more comfortable for long term stays than hotels!
1BD/1.5BA Town home In Gated Highlands Ranch Community. This gorgeous town home offers: Living area, kitchen, dining room and half bath downstairs; 40″ Flat screen TV and fireplace in the living room; Master bedroom and master bath upstairs; Master Bedroom has Queen Sleep Number Bed; 28″ Flat screen TV and fireplace in the master bedroom; Master Bath Has Oversized Tub and Separate Shower; Large Walk-In Closet; Outdoor Patio; 2 Car Attached Garage; and a Built-in Desk Area. To view more photos, maps, and information about this lovely property, please click here.
1BD/1.5BA East Denver Condo w/ an Enclosed Office. This one-of-a-kind condo features: Flat Screen television; Luxury sofa set in Living Room; Master Bedroom has Queen size bed with pillow top mattress; Washer and Dryer are in Unit; Community has pool, exercise room, and secure access; Convenient, custom-designed built-in entertainment center; Concrete paver decks with contemporary wrought iron detail; State-of-the-art climate control package; Contemporary lighting package featuring pendant accent lights; 1/2″ 8 pound re-bond carpet pad; Over-sized oval soaking tub in master bath and top quality laminate counter tops; GE appliances (electric range, dishwasher, microwave); Stainless steel kitchen sink; Granite Counter tops;Upgraded cabinets; Private entries and steel front doors; and Stylish concrete, brick and stucco exteriors. To view more photos, maps, and information about this cool condo, please click here.
2BD/2.5BA North Capitol Hill Town Home near Downtown. This terrific town home has: a 2 car attached secure garage; Main floor has kitchen, dining room, living room and half bath; Living room has a large screen TV and fireplace; Large deck off of the living room; Upper level has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, office and laundry; Master bedroom has a king bed and flat screen TV; Off the Master is a bonus room set up as on office; 2nd bedroom has a queen bed; The lower level has a small living area with a twin day bed; The access to the 2 car garage is from the lower level; Walkscore is a 91 http://www.walkscore.com/score/880-e-16th-ave-denver-co-80218; 1 block away from E 17th Ave restaurants and coffee houses. To view more photos, maps, and information about this true gem, please click here
1BD/1BA Corner Condo in Downtown Denver’s Premier Spire Building. This property is conveniently located downtown right next to the Convention Center, Performing Arts Center, Light Rail, and the 16th Street Mall. This amazing property features: 1,076 Square Feet; Master Walk-In Closets; Wood Floors in Kitchen; Carpet in Living room and bedroom; Tile in Bathroom; Balcony; Granite Counter tops; Sleek State-of-The-Art Stainless Steel Appliances; and an Indoor, Secure Garage Parking with 1 space. To view more photos, maps, and information about this great unit, please click here.
To view all of AvenueWest Denver’s unique and exclusive fully furnished, all-inclusive condos, lofts, town homes, and houses, please visit us at http://Denver.AvenueWest.com or contact us directly at Denver@AvenueWest.com or give us a call 303-825-0000.