Independently owned corporate housing options are as unique as the people who own and manage them. From the basic offerings to higher end finishes to a more diverse location, with managed corporate housing you’ll find a property that is tailored made for your needs.
So, what should you look for when searching for a corporate rental? That depends on what is important to you in your stay, but here are five elements you should evaluate a property for:
– Does the property offer the lease terms and availability you require? Check the dates that the corporate rental is available to determine if its availability corresponds with your lease start time, length of stay and lease end date. Also, if you need more flexibility, like an open departure date, is the landlord flexible with the availability schedule to allow you to extend and end your stay as necessary?
– Does the asking rent fall within your budget? Whether your company is paying for your stay, or rent is coming out of your own pocket, everybody has a budget to stick to. However, posted prices may be flexible depending on the lease terms, length of stay, etc. So don’t eliminate the property without finding out if the landlord is flexible with the rate.
– Does the property offer the amenities and conveniences you are looking for? If security is important, you’ll want to be sure the property has controlled access. And if you’ll have two vehicles with you, does the community accommodate (or even charge for) that extra parking spot. Make a list of the little things in your life that you must have and cross-reference it with the property’s attributes.
– Does the property’s location match your needs? Location should be at the top of your check list. Making sure that a property is located in close proximity to your work, grocery stores, restaurants and, overall, with a setting that you feel comfortable in.
– Does the property size fit your requirements? If you are bringing the family with you or expecting visitors during your stay, you’ll not only want to be sure the property features enough bedrooms or sleeping space for its occupants, but also you’ll want to make sure that guests are okay with your landlord. The same goes for pets. If you’re bringing your cat or dog along for the stay, you’ll need to discuss whether this is permitted with the landlord and if there are extra fees involved as well.
New Owners Grow AvenueWest Denver Managed Corporate Housing Franchise; Growth on New Franchisees’ Minds
Since 2001, Angela Healy worked for AvenueWest Corporate Housing in Denver – helping founders, Kimberly and Eric Smith, manage their financials and run the day-to-day operations. Angela was pivotal in helping AvenueWest grow and find success over the years – including early on in the business when the company took a financial hit in the failing economy. Over the years, Angela helped the Smiths create the AvenueWest Managed Corporate Housing Franchise model and even assisted with the on-boarding of the franchisee team in Colorado Springs.
Along the way, Angela learned that Kimberly and Eric’s long-term plans were to eventually franchise the Denver market.
“When I told Tim [my husband] that AvenueWest Denver was available for purchase as a franchise, he said, ‘Have you ever thought of us buying Denver?’ I’d been working in the business for so long that it made sense that I would be the perfect successor,” says Angela. “The best part was that my husband had always wanted to own a business – so it was truly the right fit for us to do together.”
Kimberly says that Angela was a natural fit to take over the business given her experience and deep corporate housing knowledge.
“Between her strong corporate housing background experience and Tim’s impressive business acumen and entrepreneurial desires, Eric and I knew they were the right team to take over the Denver market,” says Kimberly.
AvenueWest Denver Changes Hands
In 2010, the Healys officially purchased the AvenueWest Denver franchise, thus beginning their journey as corporate housing entrepreneurs.
After taking over AvenueWest Denver, the Healys became iron-focused on their mission: To match those seeking corporate housing in Denver with those offering furnished, short-term rental properties.
“We are lucky to live in Denver as we get to cater to a variety of people in need of corporate housing, from business professionals and traveling consultants to relocating employees, traveling healthcare professionals, on-assignment military personnel, traveling theater companies and more,” says Tim.
The State of Denver’s Corporate Housing Market
Angela and Tim add that Denver is traditionally a high-demand market for corporate housing, and they don’t see that changing anytime soon.
“While we are currently seeing a lot of clients sell their properties because it’s a hot seller’s market, at the same time we are adding new clients who are looking for a competitive advantage when it comes to managing and marketing their unique furnished properties available for rent,” says Angela.
One of the ways Angela and Tim say they maintain steady inventory throughout market fluctuations is by offering great customer service, competitive pricing, unique properties, and win-win partnerships with those who own properties in desirable locations.
“We manage about 30 properties in The Spire (891 14th St. Denver), an upscale condo community in downtown Denver that offers panoramic views of the city and resort-style amenities. We are able to offer these properties to discerning individuals and groups who want to experience Denver’s culture and vibrant downtown scene while traveling to the Mile High City,” says Tim.
Steep Learning Curve
While Tim had little corporate housing experience when he took over AvenueWest Denver in 2011, he says he has since undergone a steep learning curve.
“At first corporate housing was like speaking a foreign language,” he says, “But today it feels like a natural progression in my career and offers me the flexibility I desire to balance my family-life with my professional-life.”
Above all, Tim says that having AvenueWest as the backdrop of their franchise gives them the name recognition and instant trust in the industry.
“Partnering with an award-winning, well-respected name in corporate housing not only brings us high quality referrals, but also helps us solidify relationships with new prospects who have come to know and trust the AvenueWest brand for more than a decade,” says Tim.
Deb Salek, the owner of AvenueWest Northern Colorado, recently had the article “AvenueWest Northern Colorado Offers Turnkey Solutions for Corporate and Transitional Housing” on the Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce website:
“With an increased local need for high-quality furnished short-term rentals, AvenueWest Northern Colorado has carved out a niche as a premier provider of full-service corporate and transitional housing in Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Windsor and surrounding communities.
‘AvenueWest offers much more than a hotel stay, but rather a home away from home where you can feel settled and comfortable for your time in the property. We make it as easy as possible for clients. Just bring your suitcase,’ said Deb Salek, AvenueWest Northern Colorado CEO, Broker, and Owner. ‘We provide choices for the traveling professional or relocating individual.’
Todd, as COO and the head of business development, brings his vast experience in sales and customer service to AvenueWest and their clients. Todd, having traveled extensively with his previous career with a Fortune 100 company, fully appreciates the value, convenience and amenities of quality corporate housing.
“Our client companies find that it’s much more convenient to work with one point person to coordinate their business’s short-term furnished housing needs,” said Todd. “They are guaranteed to receive consistent quality and service with every property, and never have to worry about dealing with unknown property owners who may have varying quality standards.”
All AvenueWest properties are move-in ready and feature a full kitchen, fine housewares and furnishings, linens and towels, and other comforts of home. All utilities, phone, cable and internet are already connected when clients move in and are included in one rental payment.
To read the full article, click here. Please visit our website to see all of our beautiful properties located in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Greeley, CO. For more information, contact us directly: 970-797-3099 or via email FortCollins@avenuewest.com.