AvenueWest Managed Corporate Housing marks its 20th year as a premiere network of locally owned and operated real estate brokerages that offer fully furnished and comprehensively serviced residential properties for corporate rentals. Located in twelve cities, AvenueWest and its network of brokers offers different residential properties that include single family homes, condos, lofts, and townhomes.
One of the advantages of renting through AvenueWest is that brokers in the network are able to accommodate a wide range of pets. The reality is that a good number of business travelers that need to be gone for an extended period of time naturally want to bring their pets along. Finding comfortable accommodations that accept pets can prove challenging in some instances. AvenueWest strives to minimize complications associated with accommodating pets in a corporate rental situation.
Property Owners with Experience Renting to Pet Owners
At AvenueWest, we have identified property owners that are not only pet friendly but who have experience in renting to pet owners who bring their companion animals along on business trips. We appreciate that accommodating your pet is easier in a corporate rental when the broker and owner involved in the process already have specific experience with business travelers who bring their pets along.
These individuals understand what to expect. There are not any undue delays in educating a broker or owner in what to expect (and what not expect) when it comes to renting to a business traveler with an accompanying pet.
On an additional note, these brokers can typically provide a traveler with useful information about resources in a particular community that are relevant to pets. These can include everything from dog friendly establishments to emergency vet centers.
Pet Safety is a Priority at AvenueWest
A pet owner like yourself has a number of things to bear in mind when traveling with a companion animal. A key consideration is safety. When you are seeking corporate rental accommodations that will include your pet, you necessarily want to be fully satisfied that your pet will be safe in a particular location.
Pet safety includes everything from ensuring that there will no dangerous substances at the premises that your pet might access. In addition, you want to make certain that there is no risk that your pet somehow will be let out of the premises when you are away at a meeting or otherwise tending to business.
AvenueWest, its brokers, and owners are fully apprised of what needs to be done to ensure pet safety. Again, this stems from the fact that AvenueWest and associated brokers and property owners have backgrounds in renting to people who travel with their pets.
Not Just Dogs
The largest number of business travelers that bring a pet along typically do have dogs. With that said, dogs most definitely are not the only type of pet that need accommodation in corporate residential units. Cats are also brought along with business travelers who may be staying at a particular destination for a more extended period of time.
On our list of property owners in different cities include those that are willing to accept cats along with their humans. These are property owners that understand the unique circumstances of traveling with a cat and are not surprised by the needs of a renter with a feline.
Reasonable Deposits and Cleanup Fees
AvenueWest is associated with brokers and property owners who take a reasonable approach to fees beyond the base rental cost. For example, deposits and cleanup fees associated with a pet on the premises during a renter’s stay are kept reasonable. While it is true that something additional naturally is charged in the way of a pet deposit and cleanup fee, these are both kept at a highly reasonable level.
Maintaining reasonable pet deposits and cleanups fee is part of a larger commitment to be as accommodating as possible to business travelers accompanied by pets. In addition, and as has been noted, AvenueWest and its associated brokers and property owners understand that in the vast majority of situations, renters are accompanied by well trained and behaved pets. They realize that the typical business traveler is not going to have a pet in tow that has a propensity for damaging property.
In addition to having properties available to people traveling with their pets, AvenueWest also ensures that all laws and regulations relating to travelers with service animals are fully satisfied. The team at AvenueWest is highly experienced in finding suitable corporate rental options for business travelers who rely upon service animals.
Independently owned corporate housing options are as unique as the people who own and manage them. From the basic offerings to higher end finishes to a more diverse location, with managed corporate housing you’ll find a property that is tailored made for your needs.
So, what should you look for when searching for a corporate rental? That depends on what is important to you in your stay, but here are five elements you should evaluate a property for:
– Does the property offer the lease terms and availability you require? Check the dates that the corporate rental is available to determine if its availability corresponds with your lease start time, length of stay and lease end date. Also, if you need more flexibility, like an open departure date, is the landlord flexible with the availability schedule to allow you to extend and end your stay as necessary?
– Does the asking rent fall within your budget? Whether your company is paying for your stay, or rent is coming out of your own pocket, everybody has a budget to stick to. However, posted prices may be flexible depending on the lease terms, length of stay, etc. So don’t eliminate the property without finding out if the landlord is flexible with the rate.
– Does the property offer the amenities and conveniences you are looking for? If security is important, you’ll want to be sure the property has controlled access. And if you’ll have two vehicles with you, does the community accommodate (or even charge for) that extra parking spot. Make a list of the little things in your life that you must have and cross-reference it with the property’s attributes.
– Does the property’s location match your needs? Location should be at the top of your check list. Making sure that a property is located in close proximity to your work, grocery stores, restaurants and, overall, with a setting that you feel comfortable in.
– Does the property size fit your requirements? If you are bringing the family with you or expecting visitors during your stay, you’ll not only want to be sure the property features enough bedrooms or sleeping space for its occupants, but also you’ll want to make sure that guests are okay with your landlord. The same goes for pets. If you’re bringing your cat or dog along for the stay, you’ll need to discuss whether this is permitted with the landlord and if there are extra fees involved as well.